Effective Date: January 1, 2021
1. Who are we?
MyFloraDNA, Inc. (“MyFloraDNA,” “we,” or “us“) analyzes plant DNA to provide you with actionable insights, help increase yield and see potential threat before they are visible in your crops.
2. Mobile Privacy
Mobile Information: When you use our mobile applications, we collect your device’s unique identifier and other technical information about your device and mobile application usage, namely, your device type, browser type, and your interactions on our mobile application.
3. Based in the United States
- Although we operate internationally, MyFloraDNA is a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Delaware with its principal place of business located in Sacramento, California. The servers that host this website are located in the United States, and any Personal Information you provide to us will be processed by MyFloraDNA in the United States. By using the Website and Products or Services available through this Website, you will transfer data to the United States.
- If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
4. Using our Website.
5. Personal Information We Collect or You May Provide
- You do not need to provide us with any Personal Information to use our Website for informational purposes. “Personal Information”means information that, alone or when in combination with other information may be used to identify, contact or locate you, such as: your name, address, email address, phone number, GPS coordinates and Test Results. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
- You may use our Website to:
- Add your name to our mailing list or make inquiries
- Register online to attend events and programs, respond to surveys
- Create an account
- Participate in marketing and promotional activities
- Name, address, email address, telephone numbers, company information, billing and payment information
- GPS coordinates
- Such other Personal Information required to perform the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Information from you as a result of your email communications with us, to verify your identity, to receive and respond to requests for information or Services, to post on our Website, to complete surveys, or to apply for employment. We display personal testimonials of satisfied users on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at using the information below.
- You promise the Personal Information will be current, accurate, and complete to your best knowledge at the time provided and will use reasonable efforts to update all Personal Information as appropriate. MyFloraDNA disclaims any legal duty to verify the accuracy of any Personal Information you provide to us.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
We compile, save, use and analyze your Personal Information in both a personally-identifiable form and aggregated, non-personally identifiable form, to operate, maintain, and provide to you the Products and Services and to conduct our business. For example (and not limited) to:
- Register you as a user and to identify you when you sign in to your account
- Administer your account
- Respond to your inquiries, customer service requests, complaints, or your job application
- Communicate with you
- Provide information to you about the Services, Test Results and Reports and to provide newsletters, other marketing, sales and promotional communications
- To respond to your inquiries, requests or complaints
- To verify activity as we deem necessary
- To conduct research and analyze data to improve our Service or customize our communications with you
7. How We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
- We share your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
- With business partners or service providers to process and/or store the information in order to help us provide, understand, or improve our Website or Services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services to us
- As required by law and as needed to comply with reporting requirements, a subpoena, or similar legal process
- To resolve disputes or enforce our agreements
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity or as we believe reasonably necessary to protect or enforce our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others
- With any third party with your prior consent to do so.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets
- We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
- We do not collect or retain credit card information. All credit card transactions are processed through third party payment processors.
8. User Access and Choice
You may, of course, decline to submit your Personal Information to us; in which case, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website or receive certain Products or Services.
If your Personal Information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by contacting us at email@example.com, by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. However, we will not delete your Personal Information which is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form for our business purposes. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
9. How We Store and Protect Your Personal Information
We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). We follow generally accepted standard to protect your Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We use commercially reasonable efforts using generally available tools or technology to encrypt your Personal Information at rest or before it travels over the internet. Do not include your sensitive Personal Information in your email communications as any such disclosures are at your own risk. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Compromise of Personal Information:
Personal Information, once released or shared, can be difficult to contain. We will notify promptly those affected by a security breach. Notwithstanding, MyFloraDNA: (a) is not responsible or liable for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared your Personal Information with a third party; and (b) does not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure or a disclosure that occurs due to a security breach of our systems or facilities.
11. Notification, Electronic Communication and Opt-Out:
- You consent to our using your email address to send you service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some service-related communications.
- Upon registration, or on other areas of the Website, you may opt-in to receive periodic messages from us, including changes to services offered through our website, newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you wish to subscribe to these emails, we will use your name and email address to send them to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing email preferences manager on your account settings page, or you can contact us at email@example.com. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
12. Children’s Privacy:
Our Service is for use by adults only. If you are not over 18 years of age, do not use this Website. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Cookies & Analytics/Log Files
- MyFloraDNA and our analytics and other service providers may use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Our third party partners use Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies) and Local Storage (HTML5) to provide certain features on our Website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activities, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html .
- We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
14. California Do Not Track:
California law requires us to say how we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We support the Do Not Track browser setting. Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information from you. For more details about Do Not Track, including how to enable or disable this preference, visit this website: https://termsfeed.com/do-not-track.
15. Links to Other Websites, Blogs/Forums, and Social Media Widgets:
- Our Website may offer a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be displayed publicly and read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Among the vendors whose services we employ may be companies that help us deliver online advertisements such as banner ads. These companies may collect and use information you provide to us to better understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to our customers. After these third parties collect the information, it is aggregated so that it is not personally identifiable or tied to you or any other user. If you would prefer that these companies not collect your information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Governing Law, Attorneys Fees.
This Policy is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. The prevailing party in any action relating to this Policy is entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
17. English Language: